cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32WB55] How to use CHAR_PROP_WRITE modified in sample code

LChan.5
Associate II

Hi Sir,

I use sample code in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.13.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_p2pServer and BLE_p2pClient. The BLE characteristic's property CHAR_PROP_WRITE_WITHOUT_RESP is used in the sample, I try to modified it as CHAR_PROP_WRITE, then client cannot control blue LED by pressing SW1 button. is there anywhere need to modify if I use CHAR_PROP_WRITE property? thank you.

Best regards,

C​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to use CHAR_PROP_WRITE in BLE_p2pServer and BLE_p2pClient example, do the following modification:

• In BLE_p2pServer : Change the characteristic property by changing CHAR_PROP_WRITE_WITHOUT_RESP  by CHAR_PROP_WRITE in aci_gatt_add_char for LED characteristic (p2p_stm.c)
  • In BLE_p2pClient : Remplace the use of aci_gatt_write_without_resp by aci_gatt_write_char_value in Write_Char (p2p_client_app.c)

Best Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to use CHAR_PROP_WRITE in BLE_p2pServer and BLE_p2pClient example, do the following modification:

• In BLE_p2pServer : Change the characteristic property by changing CHAR_PROP_WRITE_WITHOUT_RESP  by CHAR_PROP_WRITE in aci_gatt_add_char for LED characteristic (p2p_stm.c)
  • In BLE_p2pClient : Remplace the use of aci_gatt_write_without_resp by aci_gatt_write_char_value in Write_Char (p2p_client_app.c)

Best Regards