cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 Filtering out iBeacon that does not have GeneralDiscoverable Flag Set

TomC
Senior

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use an STM32WB55 to detect iBeacons and have found that if an iBeacon does not have it's GeneralDiscoverable flag set then it is not detected by the system. I believe that the iBeacon is being filtered by the coprocessor on the STM32WB before it gets to the application code.

Has anyone else encountered this or can confirm that iBeacons that do not have the GeneralDiscoverable flag set are being filtered out by the coprocessor before getting to the application code on the Cortex-M4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi @TomC !

Indeed, discovery procedures such as 'aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc' will only return events from 'discoverable' devices.

To scan all devices, you can use the procedure 'ACI_GAP_START_OBSERVATION_PROC'. Note that to use this procedure, the board must be configured as an observer (It is possible to be both an observer and a central at the same time).

I hope that helped, don't hesitate to keep me updated on the progress!
Joé

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi @TomC !

Indeed, discovery procedures such as 'aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc' will only return events from 'discoverable' devices.

To scan all devices, you can use the procedure 'ACI_GAP_START_OBSERVATION_PROC'. Note that to use this procedure, the board must be configured as an observer (It is possible to be both an observer and a central at the same time).

I hope that helped, don't hesitate to keep me updated on the progress!
Joé