cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 - examples not working

tguly.1
Associate III

I just started with the 2x P-NUCLEO-WB55 board.

Upgdated the FUS using the Cubeprogrammer and flashed the BLE_LLD then BLE_FULL staks, at least on one board. The other board was not reachable via USB after FUS update. The wireless page is not available via ST-LINK anymore, I take it it is dead. The CPU revision can be read out occasionally (randomly it gives error or the debugger can connect).

The working board has a REV Y processor.

The "borken" board has a REV B processor.

After that, I moved on and tried the working board with some applications:

First flashed the BLE_LLD application, the UART/serial did not work, could not see any activity from the example. So I moved on.

Then flashed the BLE-DataThroughput application, CPU is stuck when it reaches MX_APPE_Init() in HW_TS_RTC_Wakeup_Handler where the following comment is:

/**

* We should never end up in this case

* However, if due to any bug in the timer server this is the case, the mistake may not impact the user.

* We could just clean the interrupt flag and get out from this unexpected interrupt

*/

while(__HAL_RTC_WAKEUPTIMER_GET_FLAG(phrtc, RTC_FLAG_WUTWF) == RESET);

At this point I have to give up. The upgrade proceedure from STM32 bricks a board? The other working board or the examples are not working? Can anyone explain me what am I seeing / doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

To use BLE_LLD applications, you should use BLE LLD firmware (stm32wb5x_BLE_LLD_fw.bin) for Cortex M0+. For BLE applications, check in readme file for each project which BLE stack should be used, most example run with the BLE Full stack (stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin). For example BLE_DataThroughput example requires the BLE Full stack to run.

Best Regards

tguly.1
Associate III

I of course wanted to us the LLD stack with the LLD example, FULL stack with the Throughput example.

The RevB processor is written down, the FUS update corrupted something, not even the debugger can reach it anymore.

The RevY processor works fine now, the issue was the HEAP size needs to bet set to 0x800. Strange that CubeMX leaves it also at 0x400 when STM32_WPAN is enabled.