cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB OTP Programming

Daniel L
Associate III

Hi All,

I would like to use the OTP memory in my current project, but I can not find any app notes or user manuals on how to program it. Is it supported by STM32 Cube Programmer CLI? There is no reference to it for the STM32WB OTP in UM2237.

Thanks,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

The OTP area is part of the system memory that can be accessed like any non-secure flash area.

The only key point when writing to this 1KB (0x1FFF 7000 - 0x1FFF 73FF) area is that you can only write it once.

As it is not a securable area, OTPs are only used to log non-critical information like information on the device or the BDaddress for example.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

The OTP area is part of the system memory that can be accessed like any non-secure flash area.

The only key point when writing to this 1KB (0x1FFF 7000 - 0x1FFF 73FF) area is that you can only write it once.

As it is not a securable area, OTPs are only used to log non-critical information like information on the device or the BDaddress for example.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​You can also have a look at the CubeProgrammer user manual in the chapter 5.2.11 OTP programming.

Hi Remi, I have successfully programmed the OTP of the STM32WB using the w32 command.

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=usb1 -w32 0x1FFF7000 0x12345678

Chapter 5.2.11 on OTP Programming is under the MPU section of the document. Is this still relevant to the STM32WB?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Good!!!

Indeed the chapter was related to OTPs on MPU, my mistake!!. In fact, for STM32WB devices, it is a simple Flash access in the OTP area.