cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Power Profiler on STM32WB BLE Configuration is not Averaged Correctly?

Dillah
Associate II

I have some question on the power profiler for STM32WN on STM32Cube MX.

I found that we can add BLE configuration on the left side of the tools, and it automatically calculate the average data of the BLE part.

However the maximum advertisement interval in mS is only 4000mS, but the BLE is capable to advertise up to 10S, can it be increased to 10S to get the average data?

Also when i try to add a step on the sequence on the main window, the BLE average current can be added into any step.

I add 2 steps, step 1 is RUN for 4mS and step 2 is STOP2 for 996mS.

When i add it to the RUN mode, it will add the average BLE current into the run interval only and which is only 4mS compared to 1S combined of the 2 steps.

I have added the BLE peripheral into the STOP2 mode, but it seems the current is added only to the RUN mode, which make the final average current consumption pretty small.

Is it hust how it works? because I notice that both core work independently with each other.

I think that the BLE current consumption should be added into the whole simulation because it is already being averaged.

Should i change the scenario so the software will calculate it accurately?

The sequence should be :

1. CoreM4 RUN for 4mS with some peripheral,
  2. CoreM4 STOP2 for 996mS with only RTC.
  3. CoreM0+ in advertise BLE for 1S interval.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed on this tool, the maximum advertisement interval is only 4000 ms.

In STM32CubeMX simulation, you can't see STOP2 consumption for BLE device because the consumption is very low. So, it's an average consumption on the full advertising interval. In your case, you have 1 s of advertising interval with 4 ms at 6.33 mA and 996 ms at 2.45 uA.

The calculation precision is around 20% due to the low value of consumption in STOP2.

Best Regards