cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse sensor and input voltage

IngSerio
Associate III

Good morning,
I am building a system with stm32 wl55jc1 to count water flow with a pulse flow meter.
So I created two internal clocks in stm32 one to create a time window and the other that counts each pulse received from the sensor. At the trigger of the first clock I check how many pulses the second clock counted and get the instantaneous flow rate.
I put an LED in parallel with the signal to visually see the pulses.

The problem is that the count the clock makes and the pulses I see do not match.
I would like to ask for some documentation on the input voltage and so that I can design my RC circuit as best I can (as I am convinced that the problem is electrical).

thanks for your time,

greetings

Roberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,
I solved it by inserting a clock filter, now it is very accurate.
Thanks anyway for the support.

Roberto

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> The problem is that the count the clock makes and the pulses I see do not match.

What pulses do you see? What do you expect?

> I would like to ask for some documentation on the input voltage and so that I can design my RC circuit as best I can (as I am convinced that the problem is electrical).

The digital voltage thresholds are listed in the reference manual. Generally, the thresholds are around 0.3 * VDD and 0.7 * VDD.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello,
I solved it by inserting a clock filter, now it is very accurate.
Thanks anyway for the support.

Roberto