cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powering NUCLEO WB55 externally

odianosen_o
Associate

Hi! I have a nucleo WB55 board that I am using for a project. I know with other nucleo boards, it is possible to power them externally with 5V or 7-12V. However, I am not able to verify whether this is possible on the NUCLEO WB55 board, as I can't find the external power supply guidance/instructions in the User Manual.

My aim is to power the board directly with either 12V or 5V but I don't know if this is doable, or the how I could go about it if it is. Please let me know your thoughts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @odianosen_o, to the community!

Yes, you can also supply the NUCLEO-WB55RG externally with 5V or 7...12V. Unfortunately, this has not (yet) been noted in the manuals, but you will find a hint in the schematics (to be found in tab CAD Resources) on page 5: there are two options for the external voltages 5V_EXT (CN7.6) and VIN (CN7.24) on the MORPHO pins.

The MORPHO connections are the external pin rows, which provide significantly more pins than the limited Arduino pins.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @odianosen_o, to the community!

Yes, you can also supply the NUCLEO-WB55RG externally with 5V or 7...12V. Unfortunately, this has not (yet) been noted in the manuals, but you will find a hint in the schematics (to be found in tab CAD Resources) on page 5: there are two options for the external voltages 5V_EXT (CN7.6) and VIN (CN7.24) on the MORPHO pins.

The MORPHO connections are the external pin rows, which provide significantly more pins than the limited Arduino pins.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks so much for this! Follow up question based on externally powering the nucleo board. If I want to debug or program the board, would I have to disconnect the external power before plugging in the USB to my PC/ hooking up to ST-Link?

No, there‘s a jumper block selecting the supply voltage. Just move it to the required position.