cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-WB15CC Zephyr BLE support

Filip Tefr
Associate

Hello,

I am playing with NUCLEO-WB15CC board + zephyr + BLE beacon example. After compiling and flashing the example to the board I got "Precise data bus error" during Bluetooth initialization.

Because zephyr does not support stm32wb15 out of the box, I added board and dts definitions.

Zephyr version: zephyr-v3.3.0-877-g7deecb4e4e1d

Copro Wireless Binaries: stm32wb1x_BLE_HCILayer_fw.bin, v1.16.0

0693W00000aJCyyQAG.png0x08009416 - points to file zephyr/include/zephyr/sys/dlist.h:499, function sys_dlist_remove

0693W00000aJCyoQAG.pngI tried to playing around with thread stack size but without any success.

I was able to compile and run basic examples (LED, Button).

2 REPLIES 2
Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

Thank you for bringing attention to this question. This case has been routed to our online support center for direct support.

Regards,

Jake

ST Support

Killian
Associate

Hello,

In your nucleo_wb15cc.dts file, did you adapt the different partitions according to the Flash size of the wb15 (320KB)? (See attached image)

Also, did you verified that your app can fit on the flash? On the 320KB, 80KB are needed for the BLE controller and at least 8KB for the storage_partition.

For simple BLE applications such as a beacon or a peripheral_heart_rate it should work fine but for bigger app it has to be checked.

In case your app is too heavy, you can manage partitions in flash according to your needs. Indeed, if you don’t need a bootloader and update OTA functionality, boot, slot0, slot1 and scratch partitions are not needed and can be removed.

Regards,

Killian0693W00000bhIdtQAE.png