cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing command ACI_HAL_TONE_START in BLE full stack 1.13.3

AnthonyS
Associate II

Hello,

From 1.13.0 to 1.13.3, the command ACI_HAL_TONE_START was removed (get Unknown command return). The release note indicates that some HCI commands were removed not ACI commands.

Is it an error or should we prepare to move to the full extended stack to get this API again ?

We are using it during industrialization process to check the radio frequency and power.

Is it planned to update the API spec (AN5270) to indicate which API are not present in the full stack ?

BR

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

To use extended binaries, it is necessary to adapt the scatter file in the BLE applications, you can look this post which I explain the modification to do in the scatter file:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001ZYfpRSAT/cannot-generate-ble-single-tone-on-stm32wb55cgu-using-stm32cubemonitorrf?t=1654158103564

1. You can look my answer on your NMI post. 
  2. Indeed, it's not possible to update from "full" to "full extented" stack in OTA. 

Thanks to your remarks, the ACI_HAL_TONE_START and ACI_HAL_TONE_STOP commands will be available in BLE Full and Light stack in the next release v1.14.0 available soon.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed the ACI_HAL_TONE_START command was removed in BLE Full stack v1.13.3. In order to use this command, you can use the BLE Full stack extended or the BLE HCI Layer stack. The AN5270 and  STM32WB_BLE_Wireless_Interface.html documentation will be updated soon. A wiki page is also under redaction to give more detail on each feature supported depending of stack used.

Best Regards

AnthonyS
Associate II

Hello,

I tried to update to the full extended but I found 2 issues:

1. The full extended stack crash to NMI error when the RAM parity is enable.
  2. It is not possible to update from "full" to "full extented" stack in OTA. The OTA application crashes because after updating the stack, the mailbox uses protected area of the shared memory (SNBRSA and SBRSA change during the stack update process).

From my point of view removing API from the "full" stack breaks the API compatibility and is bad idea.

BR

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

To use extended binaries, it is necessary to adapt the scatter file in the BLE applications, you can look this post which I explain the modification to do in the scatter file:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001ZYfpRSAT/cannot-generate-ble-single-tone-on-stm32wb55cgu-using-stm32cubemonitorrf?t=1654158103564

1. You can look my answer on your NMI post. 
  2. Indeed, it's not possible to update from "full" to "full extented" stack in OTA. 

Thanks to your remarks, the ACI_HAL_TONE_START and ACI_HAL_TONE_STOP commands will be available in BLE Full and Light stack in the next release v1.14.0 available soon.

Best Regards

AnthonyS
Associate II

Hello,

Thank you. I will stay on 1.13.0 until 1.14.0 is available.

BR

Hello,

STM32CubeWB package v1.14.0 is now available.

Best Regards