cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: Attempting to flash firmware onto coprocessor on STM32WB55RGV6 results in Error: FUS_STATE_ERR_UNKNOWN

pedrocasanova
Associate

Greetings,

I have my STM32WB55RGV6 connected to my computer through USB using the ST-LINK port on the board. When trying to flash the coprocessor to run an example application from the WB firmware package, I cannot even erase the previous firmware.

Using the commands from the attached link results in an error to erase the firmware, with message FUS_STATE_ERR_UNKNOWN. I have no problems flashing the main processor with binaries using this tool or armKEIL, but for some reason I cannot get the hang of this. I have even tried following the release notes addresses for programming but nothing seemed to work.

Does anybody have a solution for this issue?

Thank you for your attention, I have added some screenshots below to make my issue easier to understand.

1- Initial Connection using st-link

0693W000001t6TwQAI.png

2- attempting to erase firmware0693W000001t6TcQAI.png

3- attempting to flash FUS firmware

0693W000001t6UBQAY.png

4 and 5 - Attempting to flash BLE full stack firmware

0693W000001t6ULQAY.png

0693W000001t6UVQAY.png

Pedro Casanova

18 REPLIES 18
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

SFSA =  0xd4 => What kind of SW did you try to download???

Can you show me the list of commands you are using?

First you should start with a fwdelete commande.  Then check that the SFSA = 0xF4.

At that point we are back to a known situation.

What is the CubeWB  package version you are using?

eddie McS
Associate III

I'm just trying to flash the BloodPressure example.

unfortunately when i try to delete the firmware i get the error FUS_STATE_ERR_UNKNOWN so i can never get back to that good starting point

0693W000003Pg2aQAC.png

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Ok ​let's go through the USB port.

Before switching to USB port, set the nSWboot option byte to 1 .

When this is done, set the jumper on CN7 in between pins 5 and 7 and switch to the USB port. Then you will be able (I hope) to connect in GUI mode and read the FUS version. Retry the fwdelete command... and let's see!

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

set also the reset mode to HW reset​

eddie McS
Associate III

I placed the board into DFU for USB connection and seen the port USB1 available for connection. However Its complaining about Read Out Protection and wont connect even tho in SWD i confirmed RDP Byte is set to AA.

0693W000003PjQbQAK.png

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

In fact, just saw that the ESE option byte is not checked. So no FUS is available on that chip as it is a non-secure chip.

Therefore, no way to load any encrypted BLE stack as no FUS is there to encrypt it and install it properly.

At the opposite, you can use it to load your own BLE stack on the M0+ or any other stack but you won’t get any support with this configuration as it is not the standard one.

eddie McS
Associate III

So just to recap, this nucleo is so old it wont work with the latest FUS? I will need to get a new one to work correctly.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Exactly!! It should be very old populated with one of the very early version of STM32WB (non-secure version)

eddie McS
Associate III

Thanks for all the help @Remi QUINTIN​ that makes sense to me.