cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to connect or disconnect only the antenna on STM32WB5MMG?

YKang.5
Associate II

Hello

I developed prototype of wearable device using STM32WBMMG, and planning to acquire FCC certification.

​STM32WB5MMG already has FCC ID; YCP-STM32WB5M001; however, it is the certification of the chip itself.

When mounted any kind of devices(PCBs etc.), another FCC certification for device is required.

At this point, for device certification, the Bluetooth antenna should be able to connect or disconnect.

However, STM32WB5MMG is integrated with MCU and Bluetooth module with antena.

Is there a way to connect or disconnect only the antenna?

Thanks.​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way to disconnect the antenna from the module as the RF connection is in the molding.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way to disconnect the antenna from the module as the RF connection is in the molding.

YKang.5
Associate II

Reply above.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply.

Nevertheless, I want to get new FCC ID for newly developed devices which is using STM32WB5MMG.

0693W00000WHSNjQAP.png

At photograph 8, the antena(or RF output)is connected to measurement equipment using some kind of connector, and it controlled by USB, I guess.

In conclusion, I would like to know the HW(like above photograph 😎 and FW setting.

Sincerely.​

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

I understand the picture demonstrated the test of another module and you would like to be able to do the same with the STM32WB5MMG module.

Why do you need to perform conducted tests? ... as the module is already FCC certified.

Hello.

Because, I want to get 'NEW FCC ID' to print it on the 'newly developed devices' to to attend CES.​

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

You do not need to perform conducted test, radiated test are enough for the FCC when using a certified module on a board.