cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just watched the STM32WL webinar(06/07/2021 at 3pm), but my question was not answered. So I put it here : "Is it possible to use STM32WL for DASH7 ? I see that there are Sigfox and Lora stacks but what about DASH7" Thank you for your reply

LLr.1
Senior

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jpnorair
Associate II

I was an early adopter of the STM32WL. I haven't been involved in Haystack for over a year, now, and (for the most part) I haven't worked on DASH7 for longer than that. My advice to you is to combine BLE + LoRaWAN; it gets you most of the functionality of DASH7, and these stacks are very mature and well supported. ST will happily sell you a WB + WL solution, and support it 🙂 Or you can use something like a Dialog BLE chip + STM32WL if you're trying to make it as cheap as possible.

The LPGSM module does use the WL, but it is not intended to run DASH7. This module is intended to run a different networking stack entirely, although the hardware is certainly capable of running OpenTag if you were determined to make a DASH7 solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Haystacks were an early adopter of the STM32WL part as I recall. @Community member​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

https://github.com/lpgsm/stm32wl-module-1

https://mobile.twitter.com/jpnorair/status/1345498206902226944

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jpnorair
Associate II

I was an early adopter of the STM32WL. I haven't been involved in Haystack for over a year, now, and (for the most part) I haven't worked on DASH7 for longer than that. My advice to you is to combine BLE + LoRaWAN; it gets you most of the functionality of DASH7, and these stacks are very mature and well supported. ST will happily sell you a WB + WL solution, and support it 🙂 Or you can use something like a Dialog BLE chip + STM32WL if you're trying to make it as cheap as possible.

The LPGSM module does use the WL, but it is not intended to run DASH7. This module is intended to run a different networking stack entirely, although the hardware is certainly capable of running OpenTag if you were determined to make a DASH7 solution.

LLr.1
Senior

Thank you @Community member​  @Community member​ for your reply and advice !