cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got some issues on the P-NUCLEO-STM32WB to upgrade the FUS

TTAIL.1
Associate II

Good afternoon,

Test1: I want to upgrade the FUS (at the moment it is FUS version 0.5.3.0) to upload next, the FTD thread stack. But when I upload the stm32wb5x_FUS_fw_for_fus_0_5_3.bin (from the last version of Patch-CubeWB: FUS version 1.2.0) with SMT32CubeProgrammer, I got the following eror: "Error: FUS_AUTH_TAG_CUST_NOTFOUND".

Test2: I read on a forum that before uploading the FUS version 1.2.0, I have to upload an old version of the FUS. So I tried with stm32wb5x_FUS_fw_1_0_2.bin (from the version 1.10.1 of Patch-CubeWB: FUS version 1.0.2.0) and I got the following error: "Error: FUS_AUTH_TAG_CUST_NOTFOUND"

I tried again the Test1 with STM32CubeWB version 1.13.0, I got the same issue and the Test2 with STM32CubeWB version 1.2.0, I got the same issue.

For all the tests, I followed the Release_Notes.html but it never works. Can you give me some help please ?

Have a nice day!

Teddy TAILLEPIERRE.

6 REPLIES 6
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Which board are you using? An ST board or a custom board?

What is the chip populated on this board?

What is the current FUS version on your board?

Use the latest CubeProgrammer version to get this version.

Could you provide the values of the 2 option bytes SFSA and SBRV?

TTAIL.1
Associate II

Thanks for your reactivity.

I use the P-NUCLEO-STM32WBRGV6 with the FUS 0.5.3.0. I use also the lastest version of CubeProgrammer.

SFSA: value = 0xF6 , Address = 0x080f6000

SBRV: value = 0x3D800

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Values are correct.

I assume you load the stm32wb5x_FUS_fw_for_fus_0_5_3.bin at 0x080EC000.

One trick I used from time to time is to erase the complete user space of the flash memory.

Just set RDP option byte to 0xBB and then set it back to 0xAA. This triggers the complete erasure of the non protected flash memory (below SFSA address).

Then restart the programming process.

Be sure that there is no wireless firmware already installed => Delete firmware command.

TTAIL.1
Associate II

I did what you said and it worked for only one board. When I do it again for another board I have the same error value: "Error: FUS_AUTH_TAG_CUST_NOTFOUND"

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Is it the same board?

Are the option bytes the same ... before programming?

FUS_AUTH_TAG_CUST_NOTFOUND means the FUS did not found the Customer Authentication tag in the downloaded image.

This is strange if the FUS on the other board found it.

It is exactly the same board, the same option and the same actions/files to program.

That was the same problem that I had with the first board but it was solved with your help. But now it doesn't work with the other board.