cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pair a STM32WB55 BLE device via STM32CubeMonitor-RF with P-NUCLEO-WB55 dongle?

DImre.1
Associate III

I'm not able to pair our application running STM32WB55 via STM32CubeMonitor-RF. Pairing with iOS sniffer apps are working. What are the settings and commands I shall apply in STM32CubeMonitor-RF?

Our device is using a 6 digit pin, bondle mode, MITM protection. Any other setting which might needed for P-NUCLEO-WB55 dongle?

BR,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DImre.1
Associate III

Hello!

I found the solution: I needed ACI_GAP_SET_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIREMENT with the following parameters: Send(ACI_GAP_SET_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIREMENT;0x01;0x01;0x01;0x00;0x08;0x10;0x00;0x0003640E;0x00). The 6 digit password was needed in hex!

I expected an event of password request, but I'm also fine with this solution that I set up authentication requirement with pairing code before connecting to the device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @DImre.1​ ,

An introduction to STM32CubeMonitor Tools Suite is provided in the wiki page.

Now for STM32CubeMonitor-RF, you have the UM2288 STM32CubeMonitor-RF software tool 

for wireless performance measurements.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Amel,

These general links does not help. Moreover, the UM2288 does not contain any info about pairing method.

DImre.1
Associate III

My issue after many tries:

1. I set IO capabilities to keyboard-display: Send(ACI_GAP_SET_IO_CAPABILITY;0x04)
  2. I set up authentication data: Not sure if this is necessary on master side! Send(ACI_GAP_SET_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIREMENT;0x01;0x01;0x01;0x00;0x08;0x10;0x00;0x00000000;0x00)
  3. Connect success
  4. I'm not able to pair: Send(ACI_GAP_SEND_PAIRING_REQ;0x0801;0x00) even with last parameter 0x01 Force Rebound. Error message: Unknown connection identifier. But my connection id is 0x0801!

What do I miss?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @DImre.1​ ,

In that case, I need to ask the help of our STM32CubeMonitor Expert @stephane.legargeant​ .

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DImre.1
Associate III

Hello!

I found the solution: I needed ACI_GAP_SET_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIREMENT with the following parameters: Send(ACI_GAP_SET_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIREMENT;0x01;0x01;0x01;0x00;0x08;0x10;0x00;0x0003640E;0x00). The 6 digit password was needed in hex!

I expected an event of password request, but I'm also fine with this solution that I set up authentication requirement with pairing code before connecting to the device.