cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement composite USB profile on STM32WB5mmg?

nitinh
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to implement two CDC profile on STM32WB55xx controller. Since it has 8 endpoints, theoretically it should be possible. What should be the approach to achieve this?

9 REPLIES 9
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @nitinh 

To support dual CDC class in single device, you have to add IAD (Interface Association Descriptor) to extend existing configuration descriptor. Then assign unique endpoints and update class handler to manage 2 CDC instances... Implement callback to handle data reception for CDC profiles. You can manage line coding control request ... and test each CDC profile independently with each UART instance.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

nitinh
Associate II

Thank you for the response. Do you have an example of this?

FBL
ST Employee

Hi  @nitinh 

Currently we don't have a ready to use example developed by ST. You can check on GitHub similar examples.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Erlkoenig
Associate III

Hi @nitinh ,

I have an example for STM32F103 with three CDC profiles. It uses C++ to generated the IAD's.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I tried adding IADs and modified device descriptor to composite. After that it showed up on Windows Device Manager as two serial devices but I was not able to communicate over them. Also, the manufacturer was shown Microsoft instead of STMicroelctronics. 

Are you sure you defined the correct endpoints in the descriptor and use them correctly in your firmware? You can check using wireshark that the descriptor is correct, and that data is sent do the correct endpoint.

I'll try and update.

Thanks for your answering this question! It really help.

Whatsapp Group & Whatsapp Group Links & Whatsapp Groups and mepco bill online & fesco online bill check