cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Data rate for sending more than 11 bytes using I-CUBE-LRWAN? #LoRaWAN #I-CUBE-LRWAN #B-L072Z-LRWAN1

sid1
Associate II

We are using B-L072Z-LRWAN1 for developing our application. We are struggling to send more than 11 bytes of application payload. As long as the total payload is 11 bytes, the node joins the network with no issues. When we try to change the DR > 0 so we can push payload more than 11 bytes, then we need null data on fort 0 and the DR is reset back to DR 0 on the node after a join acceptance.

How do we properly change the DR to send data of more than 11 bytes? We are using US 915. Any insights from this forum members will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Sid

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

The payload length obvious depends on the region.Look at some End_Node/LoRaWAN/App/src/main.c file:

AppData.Buff[i++] = humidity & 0xFF; (Byte number 11)

#if defined( REGION_US915 ) || defined ( REGION_AU915 )

/* The maximum payload size does not allow to send more data for lowest DRs */

#else

sid1
Associate II

Yes agreed. We tried changing to DR 1 so we can send more than 11 bytes. DR 1 should allow 51 bytes. However, it does not work.

Yes agreed. We tried changing to DR 1 so we can send more than 11 bytes. DR 1 should allow 51 bytes. However, it does not work.