cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using the STM32WB55 custom board as a client. My Task is to create a connection with the server when a button is pressed. and send the write attribute command and then disconnect from the server immediately.

AM.12
Associate III

Steps I am following:

1. Scan for the server and get the MAC of the server
  2. When the button is pressed call aci_gap_create_connection to start the connection
  3. Then write the attribute and disconnect from the server.

Hear the problem I am facing is it takes 3sec to establish a connection and then write an attribute all this process is taking upto 4sec.

I want to reduce connection time to 500ms at least. Since I will be knowing server details already, with this can I reduce this time?

I am trying but I am unable to achieve this.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Javier1
Principal

Tell us more about the server, maybe you could speedup that process by making "Connection Interval" in both stm32wb and your server as small as possible (drains more battery)

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
AM.12
Associate III

Thank you for the response.

The server is developed on the ESP32 platform, Client is a battery-operated device developing on STM32WB55CGU6.

The server will be always advertising. The client will do the one-time scan and get MAC of server to make it ready to start the connection.

When a button is pressed in the client device, the client will start connecting with the server then write the data to the server and then disconnect from server

>developed on the ESP32 platform

Are you using arduino? maybe its just the time it takes for the esp32 to do its server thing

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
AM.12
Associate III

I am using espressif for server development.

As I know all the server details like UUID's can I make connection fast with the server instead of getting (reading characteristics) all these details from the server, Can I hardcode it in the client and write attribute data to the server?

AM.12
Associate III

Hi,

I tried with arduino IDE also but it takes same time to create connection around 5sec.

When I connect from the mobile app it is fast(with in 1sec). when I do connection from stm32wb55 client it takes more time