cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATT server is not detected in ST BLE Toolbox after following "STM32WB Getting Started : Part 12b, Lab. Receiving data from the phone" video

SGill.5
Associate II

Hey Everyone. Happy new year. I hope everyone is okay.

I am developing a BLE device using STM32WB55RG.

The test board I am using is as follows.

P-NUCLEO-WB55

MB1355D-01

It's my first interaction with STM32WB MCUs so I followed the Getting Started Series video and particular : "STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 12b, Lab. Receiving data from the phone".

I followed all the steps mentioned in the video. However, when it was a time to test the firmware. I couldn't see the device in the ST BLE Toolbox app.

Can you guys please help me out, what should I try next?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can start to check if you have the correct setup, see the following wiki page, ensure you have the right BLE stack. Then you can try a simple example like BLE_p2pServer available in STM32CubeWB package.

Best Regards

SGill.5
Associate II

Hi Remy,

Thank you for the reply.

On my second board which has a following Firmware (Stack Version V11.22.0.29). when I tested p2pserver and heartrate examples. It worked all fine. I could see the connection on BLE sensor App. The issue was when I tried to make the custom connection instead of p2p (as done in this video " STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 12b, Lab. Receiving data from the phone " it didn't work.

I tried to update it to latest firmware (stack version V.15.0.3) , now the examples doesn't work as well. Can you guys guide me what the issue is?

Thanks

0693W00000Y8WkSQAV.jpg0693W00000Y8Wi7QAF.jpg

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you flash the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin binary on the Wireless Coprocessor? On the second picture, you should have the same information as on the first picture.

Best Regards

Hi,

That's exactly what I flash, the second picture is before I flash the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin binary on the Coprocessor Wireless Binaries. Before flash (referring to fig 2), when I tried the examples from the STM32CubeWB Package, it worked fine. I was able to see the connection through the BLE Sensor App.

After the flash (referring to figure 1), when I tried the example again, there was no connection on the App.

Can you please tell what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

On STM32CubeProgrammer, when you flash the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin binary on the Wireless Coprocessor, ensure the option "Start stack after upgrade" is checked.

Best Regards