cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BLE_MeshLightingLPN or BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode only for NUCLEO boards?

GLasw.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have tried to build BLE_MeshLightingLPN and BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode for my STM32WB55CG custom board and downloaded the programs into the chip with stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw installed but when i scan for devices using the ST BLE Mesh android app, i can't find any of my devices.

Using other example like the BLE_HeartRate or BLE_p2pServer with the ST BLE Sensor android app, all works fine.

Also, there is no any binary for the BLE_MeshLightingLPN or BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode like other examples. Does this mean these application are only for NUCLEO boards?

One more thing, my board uses the LPUART port. Using these example applications, can this act as the the UART debug port when debugging is enabled in the application?

I am new to all STM32 programming and still learning. Can anyone help me on how to get the BLE_Mesh demo application to run on my STM32WB55CG?

1 REPLY 1
GLasw.1
Associate II

Updates:

After tweaking with the settings in mesh_cfg_usr.h and app_conf.h, at last I got it to work!

The trick was to disable SMPS in app_conf.h by setting the following variable to 0:

/**
 * SMPS supply
 * SMPS not used when Set to 0
 * SMPS used when Set to 1
 */
#define CFG_USE_SMPS 0

I think i might have a problem with my board on SMPS part, but i will proceed to troubleshoot.