cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom radio stack on STM32WB55

metal2oxide
Associate II

Is it possible to run a custom radio stack on M4 core of STM32WB processor without using M0 core ? If yes, where can I find the manual to read about accessing radio peripherals from CPU1

3 REPLIES 3

Some documentation is not publicly available, you should discuss this with a local ST sales rep, or your FAE, likely materials under NDA, or otherwise limited distribution.

Access and any level of support are typically gated by doing several $M in existing/probable business, with radio/rf being a particularly touchy area. Last I checked they didn't have an NRE billing method of entry.

You've asked a similar question before, so assuming you don't have an existing business relationship with ST.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

Duplicate:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000010ssIlSAI/custom-coprocessor-binaries-for-stm32wb55

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

There is no way for the M4 core to get access to any of the RF registers. The HW architecture is such that only the M0+ core has a dedicated bus to access those RF registers.

So it is not possible to develop a wireless stack only located on the M4 core.

The usual way for an application running on the M4 core to use RF functions is based on the HCI API running on the M0+ core.