cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't flash my board after following "STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 5, CubeWB Heart Rate Monitor". What can I do to solve it ?

BTail.2
Associate

I followed the series of video "STM32WB Getting Started" with my P-Nucleo-WB55 board. During the 5th video "Heart Rate Monitor", I flashed the BLE_HeartRate project into my board and since this I have this message :

"Target no device found

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: No device found on target"

I'm on Linux but I tried to do the same thing on Windows and the same error occured. I tried with an other P-Nucleo-WB55 board and I did the same manipulation and the same error occured. I let you screenshot of my errors

Now, I can't flash and run a new code on my two boards. What can I do to reset the Firmware of the board or to solve my problem whereas I can't flash any code on it ?

Thank you

0693W00000BZmhlQAD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BTail.2
Associate

Hey ! Thank you for your answer :)

I found a solution : I just connect CN7 pin 5 and 7 (connect VDD and Boot0) and restart my board with this configuration and then I was able to flash a new Firmware.

Thanks to this new Firmware, I can now re-flash what I want.

Thank you and have a good day !

0693W00000BZrfpQAD.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Usual questions:

What is your board? a custom board or the NUCLEO board?

What interface are you using? SWD or USB?

Did you try with the CubeProgrammer tool? if yes what is the version?

Can you download the option bytes?

Do you have a log of the sequence you tried to flash the board?

BTail.2
Associate

Hey ! Thank you for your answer :)

I found a solution : I just connect CN7 pin 5 and 7 (connect VDD and Boot0) and restart my board with this configuration and then I was able to flash a new Firmware.

Thanks to this new Firmware, I can now re-flash what I want.

Thank you and have a good day !

0693W00000BZrfpQAD.jpg

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

This means the nSWBOOT option byte was set to 1 to check this PH3/BOOT0 pin to be set to 1.