cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE_HeartRate Unknown service

Tom_Gean
Associate II

Hello again, 

I'm using STM32WB, the name and the image of HeartRate service is visible on my mobile device but I can't set the name and the image for my own service which I create it Why? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tom_Gean wrote:

How to register it with BLE SIG? 

According to BLE Sig support to add your custom UUID to BLE Sig it cost roughly $3450 and you must be a member of BLE sig which is another cost depending on your company's revenue. 

BLE sig support  <-- click link

ST does not control that, we are not the BLE Sig.

@Tom_Gean wrote:

which data bases you talking about?

The database my colleague is talking about I linked it in my first comment but here it is yet again:

BLE registered UUIDs  <- click link

@Tom_Gean wrote:

And how the apps cannot detect my Custom Services

Concerning the app not recognizing your custom UUID this has been answered but I can reiterate again:

These UUIDs need to be officially registered to be recognized worldwide, which requires a payment. Since your custom UUID isn't registered, the app doesn't know what it is and shows it as unknown. To fix this, you'd either have to register your UUID and pay BLE sig (Not ST)  or create a custom app for your phone that knows what your UUID is. 

Any other questions regarding BLE sig and how it operates with respect to their UUIDs is better addressed on their support site. 

Best of luck. 

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Aslema @Tom_Gean and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Can you add More details on your own Services. What you mean exactly.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AZ.jpg

 When I create my own service I can't set the name for it Why? 

@Tom_Gean 

The ST BLE Toolbox app, like any other generic BLE monitoring app, parses the services and characteristics based on Universally Unique Identifiers (UUID) which companies have to pay to get it registered with BLE Sig. So unless your custom service UUID is registered with them the BLE app has no idea what that service is. As you know there is not "string" name associated with your service just a UUID. This is why it will always show up as unknown, unless you make a custom BLE phone app that is aware of your UUIDs.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

The service name is defined by its uuid so I defined on service with my own uuid what could I do? 

Hello again @Tom_Gean 

As said my college @STM_Thirty2 , If you create your own Custom Service you need to register it with BLE SIG. Otherwise, The Monitoring apps can't detect your Custom Service since it's not included on the database that this app is using.

Best µRe 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

How to register it with BLE SIG? And how the apps cannot detect my Custom Services and which data bases you talking about? Why the BLE device that acknowledges official BLE Services can display the service name 

@Tom_Gean wrote:

How to register it with BLE SIG? 

According to BLE Sig support to add your custom UUID to BLE Sig it cost roughly $3450 and you must be a member of BLE sig which is another cost depending on your company's revenue. 

BLE sig support  <-- click link

ST does not control that, we are not the BLE Sig.

@Tom_Gean wrote:

which data bases you talking about?

The database my colleague is talking about I linked it in my first comment but here it is yet again:

BLE registered UUIDs  <- click link

@Tom_Gean wrote:

And how the apps cannot detect my Custom Services

Concerning the app not recognizing your custom UUID this has been answered but I can reiterate again:

These UUIDs need to be officially registered to be recognized worldwide, which requires a payment. Since your custom UUID isn't registered, the app doesn't know what it is and shows it as unknown. To fix this, you'd either have to register your UUID and pay BLE sig (Not ST)  or create a custom app for your phone that knows what your UUID is. 

Any other questions regarding BLE sig and how it operates with respect to their UUIDs is better addressed on their support site. 

Best of luck. 

Ok thank you @STM_Thirty2 & @STTwo-32