cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE: detect security level

LSpad.1
Associate III

Hi,

i have 2 boards (client and server) with STM32WB that communicates through BLE messages. Right now, at every reboot/disconnection i am redoing the pairing, but it is really slow.

In order to reduce the whole connection time, i am trying to use the bonding for not redoing the pairing every time.

The first question is: if the server board receive a connection request from the same MAC address, but it is not the client board but someone that wants to steal data, how can find that the device is not the same that i have bonded?

The second question is: how do i know that the connection is switched to encrypted or it is not because the slave board canceled the pairing with the function aci_gap_remove_bonded_device? I noticed that if i connect the board but it has removed the bonding, the client continue to think that the slave is bonded according to the result of the function aci_gap_get_bonded_devices.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LSpad.1
Associate III

With the function aci_gap_get_security_level() the security levels of the connection can be discovered

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LSpad.1
Associate III

With the function aci_gap_get_security_level() the security levels of the connection can be discovered