cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L072Z-LRWAN1: Is there a second I2C bus?

tipo1000
Associate

Is there a second I2C bus exposed in CMWX1ZZABZ besides I2C1 pins 35&36?

I would rather use second I2C than adding MUX to get all sensors connected.

Thanks,

Tipo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @tipo1000​, to the community!

It will most likely not be possible to use the third I2C of the STM32L072CZ/L082CZ (L082 = L072 + AES) used in the Murata module CMWX1ZZABZ.

Reason:

• I2C1 is already brought out
  • I2C2 is used inside the module for the STSAFE
  • This leaves only I2C3, which can use pins PA8, PB4, PC0 or PC1. Of these four pins of the STM32, only PA8 (module pin 21, MCO) is accessible, so you shouldn't be able to use the I2C3.

Good luck anyway!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @tipo1000​, to the community!

It will most likely not be possible to use the third I2C of the STM32L072CZ/L082CZ (L082 = L072 + AES) used in the Murata module CMWX1ZZABZ.

Reason:

• I2C1 is already brought out
  • I2C2 is used inside the module for the STSAFE
  • This leaves only I2C3, which can use pins PA8, PB4, PC0 or PC1. Of these four pins of the STM32, only PA8 (module pin 21, MCO) is accessible, so you shouldn't be able to use the I2C3.

Good luck anyway!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.