cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working example ST32F469DISCO + CubeIDE + TouchGFX 4.13 ?

ADari
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project with GUI. Some time ago, I was able to launch a project from the forum:

https://github.com/Scubaboy/SMT32F7LCDDisco/tree/master/STMF4DISCOCubeIDE

I currently have the latest versions of CubeIDE, CubeMX and TouchGFX 4.13 installed. I'm trying to configure F469DISCO similar to the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42r4xXOnbo

The project is generated, TGFX files also. However, after uploading everything to the board, the screen is black.

Can ST not provide one, ready CUBE IDE project for each Dev board? I see how many people have a configuration problem, many people do not work properly. When a team choosing a platform for a new project, most of the time loses to "fight" with IDE and configuration, they will finally choose a different solution.

After that, the example of TouchGFX from CubeIDE, after importing to workspace, compiles correctly, but displays artifacts ....

Of course, examples from TGFX Designer work fine, but without proper integration with CubeIDE, they are useless (we need to use UART, so I need CubeIDE)

I would be grateful for help (I think that not only me and many others) for the exact description or working CubeIDE project with TGFX 4.13

Regards

Darek

29 REPLIES 29

Just tried that, doesnt work either. Opened your project in cube ide, build and run. Nothing else. Still a black screen.

What version of cubeide are you using ?

I will check the CubeIDE version because I have it on another computer. Can you check the version with TGFX? Just open the project and click flash target.

Strange that you have a black screen, I suggest erase by STLink Utility and upload the project again. Both are tested by me on STM32F469D so they must work 🙂

I just downgraded to cubeide 1.1 and touchgfx designer 4.10. Now it works. But if i open the ioc file it comes up with a message about things needing to be updated. If i generate code from the ioc file after that I get compiler errors.

As far as I can tell you project wont work with the most recent cubeide.

To me this al seems to be really unusable. And I have never had an experience like this with st parts.

You have to check what type of error is popping up. Having the whole project, you can adapt it to newer versions of CubeIDE. It was supposed to help for a quick start. Regardless, you don't have a black screen anymore?

Personally, I prefer to use VisualStudio, I think it works better than CubeIDE, and there is no problem with the type of version if you already have TGFX Designer 4.10 (you can also change to 4.13, probably some minor changes)

I was having the same issue as mwolb.1, with the same board, but after downgrading CudeIDE to 1.1 and TouchGFX to 4.10, and using your code from github, I have finally managed to get a project running from CubeIDE with something on the screen! However, it doesn't actually do anything. Neither of the buttons work, the counter isn't updated and none of the LEDs flash. I have run it in the simulator and can see the buttons are meant to increase and decrease the number.

It seems like the tick on the model is only called twice when starting up, and never again. Any ideas on what could be the cause of this?

ADari
Associate II

<deleted>

You would have to describe the problem further. If there is something on the display, the rest must work. Maybe try the Visual Studio version. Maybe you are configuring something wrong. BTW - support for this PCB from the ST side is fatal ... this is the first time I have encountered such a thing, and I use TI, Freescale every day.

How are you doing on this? If your model is only getting ticked a couple of times then the synchronization signal from the display is not working properly. Try breaking in the interrupt handlers (TouchGFXHAL) and checking interrupt registers to see if there are pending interrupts.

Jack3
Senior II

I use STM32CubeMX 6.2.1 and TouchGFX Designer 4.16.1.

I now managed to run an example poject on my old STM32F469I-Disco.

I wanted to get a newer discovery board, if it worked, it looks good.

Can I use STM32CubeIDE to continue development, or must I keep using TouchGFX Designer? I just discovered this tool.

Update: I found the answer, a project for STM32CubeIDE is also generated! Awesome!

LKade.1
Associate II

Hi All ,

I am doing a projet using STM32f469I disco board with Touch GFX i able to run the Touch GFX GUI properly but when i try to conncet the I2C sensors to the same bus the I2C is always busy with the Touch GFX. hence i am not able to initialize the I2C sensors. Could anyone provide something to wok with it Such that the Touch GFX and other I2c sensors are on the same Bus and works efficentlz.

With Regards

Lakshminarayana KS