cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which STM controller is suitable to interface it to one LCD display?

NKuma.1
Associate II

HI Team,

My requirement is to interface STM controller to one LCD display,40 pin GPIO's and I2C communication. Please suggest which controller is suitable for my project. I am new in this controller.

12 REPLIES 12

Dear Tomas,

Thanks for the reply,

Required 7'' LCD display for development, This LCD should run with GUI screens. Please can you suggest which tool use for develop GUI screens in STM controller. I am worked with processor for develop GUI screens using QT tool, This QT tool should support STM controller ?

My background complete Linux no idea about controller. Please help me on this.

saiteja
Associate II

Recently i have done one project on Graphical LCD 128*64 on STM32F407 controller with Keil Software. It came out very nicely and performance is good.

Hello,

you can try TouchGFX. It's accelerated via DMA2D and LTDC drivers and is supported by CubeMx and belongs to ST portfolio, i.e. free of charge. It contains screen editor, event-driven programming, lot of widgets.

The QT platform doesn't run on an MCU of this size.

Btw. the F769-DISCO has a screen with 800x480 resolution, the eval boards have resolution of 800x600 or 640x480px. What's important here is not the specific board, but:

1. the HW implementation - you can get it from the schematics of the board, available on board's webpage
  2. the demo applications with source code showing how to handle the GFX, touch events
  3. the BSP drivers that handle and setup the display and related peripherals, including 2D acceleration

So take it as an inspiration and resources to learn from, nobody pushes you to buy it.