cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual bug sometimes after power cycling

PontusL
Associate III

Hello,

I am developing a TouchGFX application for my STM32H7 MCU using LTDC. Sometimes, after turning the system on, the assets on screen looks "smeared out". Or rather, it looks out of sync or something similar. Restarting the system usually resolves the issue temporarily. The issue only shows up after power up. 

I have tried to find a solution but with no luck. I need some help. Have anyone resolved any similar issues?

Screen out of sync

Image out of sync?Image out of sync?

Screen looking as expected

How image usually looksHow image usually looks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PontusL
Associate III

I accidentally called MX_LTDC_Init and MX_DMA2D_Init twice, which likely caused the issues. It is now solved by only initializing once

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

And if you disable the cache? what will be the behavior?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I've tried running it with disabled D cache now. Unfortunately, the issues still remain. 

PontusL
Associate III

Still have not found a solution to this issue. I have been comparing the framebuffer of the working and non working screens and, not that surprising, they differ somewhat. 

It is weird to me that it is related to physically connecting the power to the board, which sometimes triggers the faulty view. I have previously been running an application, on the same hardware, using STemWin without ever seeing this issue, which makes me think it is TouchGFX related. 

Any other suggestions on what to try?

PontusL
Associate III

I accidentally called MX_LTDC_Init and MX_DMA2D_Init twice, which likely caused the issues. It is now solved by only initializing once