cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-DK LCD doesn't work well

SDawn.1
Associate II

Hello,

I bought a STM32H7B3I-DK from https://www.mouser.com/. The new board had a demo project which using LCD to show different functions after opening box.

However, when I downloaded the STM32H7 MCU package from st.com, compiled the ClockandWeather demo project with STM32CubeIDE and downloaded the firmware into the board, the lcd doesn't work well as shown in the picture. I also tried other LCD demo projects in the Demonstration directory of STM32H7 MCU package. All of them do not work well as the factory default demo. Could you please help to check if the demo projects is configured correctly? If so, could you please help to figure out what's the problem of my STM32H7B3I-DK.0693W00000594BGQAY.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Sorry not a board I own. Will observe there are at least 3 board variants per the available schematics, so expect you'd need to build the code for the right one to succeed.

Start by identifying which one you have, pull the schematic, and check the project defines and README files.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hansd56
Senior II

I have tried the ClockandWeather demo and it works on my board MB1332B. You need to select the proper QSPI flash loader (MX25LM51245G_STM32H7B3I_DISCO, 0x90000000, NOR_FLASH, MX25LM51245G_STM32H7B3I-DISCO.stldr) in debug settings and tick initialise. I hope this helps.

Definitely something to consider if graphics resources are placed in external flash.

To test the screen might be worth using a simpler app that initializes the screen and does a simple text and line drawing tests.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..