cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H735G-DK + TouchGFX, ETH/RMII & QSPI can (not) be combined?

Johi
Senior III

Hello,

I used the default .IOC configuration by TouchGFX. My intention is to add ETH to the project that was automatically generated by TouchGFX.

0693W00000UnfAKQAZ.png 

PA0 was mapped to: VSYNC_FREQ by the default TouchGFX configuration in the IOC. This signal is used for performance monitoring, removing it is ok!

Combining ETH/RMII and QSPI is different:

I look at the IO’s and OCSPI1 are connected to PD & PG6 (via AF10 for port G)  GPIO’s on the schematic, RMII is connected to PA, PB, PC and PG13 (via AF11 for port G). ( DS13312 Rev 3 datasheet P110)

Is it correct to conclude that the IO layout of the board does not allow me to combine QSPI via OCSPI1 and Ethernet communication as both have other requirements for GPIO port G alternate function selection?  

Best Regards,

Johi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Each pin has its own independent AF value. If the color is yellow, not red when you select RMII - there's actually no conflict.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Each pin has its own independent AF value. If the color is yellow, not red when you select RMII - there's actually no conflict.

Johi
Senior III

Thank you for the response, I found documentation confirming your position. I was wrong to think that AF's need to be specified per port. The code generated by MX did put me a bit on the wrong leg.

/*Configure GPIO pins : PC2 PC3 */
  GPIO_InitStruct.Pin = GPIO_PIN_2|GPIO_PIN_3;
  GPIO_InitStruct.Mode = GPIO_MODE_OUTPUT_PP;
  GPIO_InitStruct.Pull = GPIO_NOPULL;
  GPIO_InitStruct.Speed = GPIO_SPEED_FREQ_HIGH;
  HAL_GPIO_Init(GPIOC, &GPIO_InitStruct);