cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F469I-DISCO

Shawn1
Associate

Hello, I am very new to STM32 boards. I just purchased an STM32F469I-Disco and have already installed STM32CubeIDE and can connect to the board via STM ST-LINK Utility v4.6.0 and see the blinking LEDs. However, when I power the board, the screen is black, and I cannot see the pre-loaded demonstration software programs.

Thanks,

Shawn

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

You more than likely have the newest dev board which uses a different LCD display. You might find revision B-07 on the back side. I suspect the demo FW is old and won't work as it works for the older LCD display instead. However, ST has updated TouchGFX to create a new project for this new dev board.

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
Shawn1
Associate

Thank you for your response, Karl.

I could not find any information in the ST docs about what to do for the black screen. I bought the board directly from ST, opened it immediately, and assumed all the drivers were up to date. Could you please be more specific about what steps to take?

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

@Shawn​ 

You probably won't find any documents about the screen. When you start a new project in TouchGFX you'll see 2 options for the STM32F469I-DISCO, one that mentions the newer LCD display.

Also check this post https://community.st.com/s/global-search/STM32F469I-DISCO%20black%20screen

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.