cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 F746G-DISCO

WBen .2
Associate II

Hello there, I am actually new in coding STM32 boards. I am currently working on an STM32 F746G-DISCO.

i am using the "LCD_UsrLog ((char *)" to print messages on the LCD tft screen.

I am wondering if there some high level function that enables me to clear the messages I show (only messages and not the totality of the screen.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @WBen .2​ and welcome to the STM32 Community ��

Clear the whole LCD using BSP_LCD_Clear() function or only one specified string line using the BSP_LCD_ClearStringLine() function.

Have a look at this example available under STM32CubeF7 which can be a starting point for your project:

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\LTDC

May this application note helps you:

• AN4861 : LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped��

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @WBen .2​ and welcome to the STM32 Community ��

Clear the whole LCD using BSP_LCD_Clear() function or only one specified string line using the BSP_LCD_ClearStringLine() function.

Have a look at this example available under STM32CubeF7 which can be a starting point for your project:

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\LTDC

May this application note helps you:

• AN4861 : LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped��

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
WBen .2
Associate II

Thank you so much Imen, this was definitely helpful ����

Best regards