cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LCD screen disappearing?

PKunK.1
Associate III

The stm32f469 board is connected to the LCD of the MIPI interface.

I made ScreenA, ScreenB using TouchGFX.(4.16.1)

It operated ScreenA -> ScreenB -> ScreenA -> ScreenB every second.

In the same program, sampleA put five images and sampleB put one picture.

Tests showed that the SampleA did not display LCD over time, and that the SampleB continued to display LCD over time.

The question is that the LCD was displayed with only different number of picture files in the same program, but I don't know why the LCD of sampleA with 5 pictures is not displayed.

Is there anything I should be careful about displaying in TouchGFX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Well it depends on your hardware and how much rendering is required. If you need to update 5 different images at the same time it might miss a frame (see performance article). Instead of update all images at once you could try to update only 3 images in one frame then the other 2 in the next one I guess.

/Romain

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Well it depends on your hardware and how much rendering is required. If you need to update 5 different images at the same time it might miss a frame (see performance article). Instead of update all images at once you could try to update only 3 images in one frame then the other 2 in the next one I guess.

/Romain

PKunK.1
Associate III

Thank you for your reply.

Stm32f469i_Discovery board is working on a project, so please let us know how to divide the images and how to display them if you have any settings.

I am not sure I understand your question. What are you trying to do exactly and what have you done so far ?

/Romain

I was going to ask you how you told me.

If you want to divide all images without updating them at once, what settings do you need? Can you tell me which part I should look for more if I need to set it up?, Do you have to lower 60 frames?

-->" Instead of update all images at once you could try to update only 3 images in one frame then the other 2 in the next one I guess".

Hi,

This depends on your code and what you are trying to do exactly within a situation. I assumed you were updated all the images at once in a handleTickEvent(), so what I would do is something like this I guess:

void nameOfScreen::handleTickView()
if("scenario happened" && !"firstImageUpdated")
{
      update the first three images
      invalidate them
      firstImagaUpdated = true;
}
else if( "scenario happened" && !"firstImageUpdated")
{
      update the other two images
      invalidate them
}

/Romain

MKris.5
Associate II

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​  ,

Can you please share me the ILI9806E code for initializing the ILI9806E module.

I can't change the LCD orientation . Currently set it as 480p width and 800p height. i wanna change it to 800 width and 480 height.

Thanks,

meimurgan