cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with TouchGFX, STM32CubeIDE and the STM32746G-Discovery

kdass
Associate

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with TouchGFX, STM32CubeIDE and the STM32746G-Discovery PCB.
I ran TouchGFX4.22.1 and compiled a simple example with an analog clock without any modifications. It worked well.
I then launched CubeIde and created a project from the IOC file found in the TouchGFX project example I tested earlier.
In the generated project, I made some modifications related to the use of SDRAM (init procedure) and QSPI (BSP init procedure).
I also changed the linker script. (The changes are from an example generated by TouchGFX that I previously tested.)
I then ran TouchGFX from CubeIde, selected the same analog clock example, and included the generated code in my CubeIde project ( it was done automatically).
The project was compiled correctly and works, but the image on the screen is distorted, as in the photo.
Can someone help me and point out where the error is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdass
Associate

Hello,

In recent days I have made several tests and found a solution to the problem. As I wrote in the first post, all changes to the code necessary for the program to work have been made. The difference was that Touchgfx programmed the external flash memory correctly, and then the memory was reprogrammed to some extent when running the debugger with STM32CubeIde. When I set the correct value of the external flash memory programmer in STM32CubeIde, everything started working properly. I noticed that the STM32CubeProgrammer was set to a different type of external flash than the one in the STM32746G-Discovery. I also corrected this. Now, when programming STM32746G-Discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer, the program also works correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MM..1
Chief II

Compare your project files specialy in touchgfx target folder.

Your way from ioc work only after manualy get back all required code. 

kdass
Associate

Hello,

In recent days I have made several tests and found a solution to the problem. As I wrote in the first post, all changes to the code necessary for the program to work have been made. The difference was that Touchgfx programmed the external flash memory correctly, and then the memory was reprogrammed to some extent when running the debugger with STM32CubeIde. When I set the correct value of the external flash memory programmer in STM32CubeIde, everything started working properly. I noticed that the STM32CubeProgrammer was set to a different type of external flash than the one in the STM32746G-Discovery. I also corrected this. Now, when programming STM32746G-Discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer, the program also works correctly.