cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phsysical Buttons are not shown anymore in Touchgfx Designer 4.21 after updating from 4.20

Jnevi.1
Senior

in TouchGFX 4.20 i added PhysicalButtons like described in the documentation and it worked fine

1. "PhysicalButtons": [
  2. {
  3. "Key": 0,
  4. "Name": "BUTTON_0"
  5. }
  6. ],

I see BUTTON_0 appearing in the touchgfx designer Trigger "Hardware Button is clicked"

After updating to 4.21 this does not work anymore. The physical buttons are not shown in touchgfx designer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jnevi.1
Senior

is fixed now in 4.21.2

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jnevi.1
Senior

and the whole mechanism does not work anymore as it is not triggered

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Jnevi.1,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Indeed, the physical button is not shown anymore in TouchGFX Designer, we'll look for a fix on this.

However, I think the mechanism still works, I've tried to use the trigger "Hardware button is clicked" with as button key a keyboard key (scroll down on the list and choosed 48 which is the "0" key of my keypad), and that still works. I've also checked in the generated code and everything is looking fine to me to use it :

In Screen1ViewBase.cpp

void Screen1ViewBase::handleKeyEvent(uint8_t key)
{
    if(48 == key)
    {
        //Interaction1
        //When hardware button 48 clicked change screen to Screen1
        //Go to Screen1 with screen transition towards East
        application().gotoScreen1ScreenSlideTransitionEast();

}
}

So I guess you should still be able to use your button.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Jnevi.1
Senior

thanks for your reply.

before reporting the error i did try and it did not work anymore in my application.

then i saw the button texts were missing in the designer so i did not dig deeper and downgraded.

i can look into it and try to give some deatils on where exactly it fails

Jnevi.1
Senior

Sorry for the delay

You are right. It is still working even without the designer showing the button textlabels

my "TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp" was regenerated and so the buttonhandler was not registered & called

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello Jnevi.1,

Ok good to hear that it still works and it's only an issue of displaying the label.

We took note of this and we'll try to fix it for the next version.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Jnevi.1
Senior

is fixed now in 4.21.2