cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Using OV7670 Camera Module With STM32F407-DISCO

SÇeti.2
Associate

My goal is simple: I want to capture an image, even as small as 50x50 pixels. I have tried interfacing the OV7670 with an STM32F407, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work. I don't have any issue with the ESP8266 - my trouble lies with the OV7670.

I have been working through various guides and libraries, but it seems like I'm missing something. Can anyone point me to a comprehensive guide or a reliable library for the OV7670? Or perhaps someone who has succeeded in using this camera module could give me some advice?

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Serhan Çetin​ and welcome to the Community 🙂 ;

I recommend you to refer to the AN5020 Introduction to digital camera interface (DCMI) for STM32 MCUs application note and precisely 8.3 DCMI examples based on STM32CubeMX Section.

These examples shared the steps how to configure 32F746GDISCOVERY board with OV9655 and how to add the library related to the camera.

You can get inspired from these examples to configure your project.

I hope this help you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

To be honest, it is too complicated for me. Why isn't there any library or something? I mean, OV7670 is very common right? But, I couldn't find any useful guide.