cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keil ArmClang 6.18 warnings in TouchGfx 4.21.2

Jnevi.1
Senior

Hi

compiling with ArmClang 6.18 generates loads of warnings.

Are there any plans to fix these. It is disturbing to get these warnings as they hide other problems

I attached a file with the warnings i get in the touchGfx codebase

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @Jnevi.1​,

Could you try with Keil 6.16 and let me know if you still have the same warnings ?

Could you also share your Keil settings, so we can compare ?

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

hi,

ok in parts this was my fault, because i added some extra flags for testing in the past which i did not remove and had just forgotten. you "have to" use the armclang compiler with the AC5-like warnings settings or you are overwhelmed by all kind of warnings. so i tried to add some extra flags which seemed to make sense to me

-fno-builtin-printf -Wall  -Wpedantic -Wextra -Wshadow -fno-common  -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-nested-anon-types -Wno-c11-extensions -Wno-c++20-designator

the file i posted early was compiled with these warnings set on comand line and these are non-default settings

these are my default settings now which get with a clean keil uvision install

0693W00000aJdhkQAC.png 

Without these parameters and standard config in Keil with armclang 6.16 there are less warnings (see attached file)

it is all missing override statements for tearDownScreen(), setupScreen() mostly (would still be nice to fix these)

Alright, thanks for the report, we will try to fix that ASAP.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX