cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to generate TouchGFX Designer files on Linux via command line?

freitas-renato
Associate

I know TouchGFX Designer GUI is a Windows only app, but is there any way to only run the generator tool (tgfx.exe) to generate all files of a .touchgfx project on a linux machine via command line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can run the generator with "Wine" on Linux systems. I'll let you know when I'll have more info about any plan to make an official solution running on Linux.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello freitas-renato,

Not that I know, TouchGFX Designer and the generator are compatible with Windows only.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

Thank you for replying.

Do you know if there are any plans to make the generator cli available on linux? I'm trying to setup a container for my project with all dependencies, but the tgfx generator is the only missing piece.

Hello,

You can run the generator with "Wine" on Linux systems. I'll let you know when I'll have more info about any plan to make an official solution running on Linux.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
AndrewM
Associate III

I generate code from the designer on windows into a shared directory (eg C:\VMShared\project\) which I then access from a Linux VM. One slight complication is that I need to have a work area in Linux (eg ~/project/) that is separate to the shared folder (eg /mnt/hgfs/VMShared/project/) and use eg meld on Linux to diff between the two folders. This is because compiling directly within /mnt/hgfs is very slow and frequently leads to linker errors.

Please "Port the Designer" to Linux. I'm not allowed to use Windows. Why is this taking so long to port? Having 1/3 of the development system which only runs on Windows makes no sense.

Hello,

No, it's not natively supported yet, like explained in the doc:

"TouchGFX can also be used on Linux, and even though the TouchGFX Designer cannot be run natively on Linux, the code generate by the TouchGFX Designer works on both Linux and Windows."

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

ok, sad that you don't support a fully linux based workflow