cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquire about error occurrence when using image in skin folder in "imageProgress" function

mSH.1
Associate III

hello

Inquire about error occurrence when using image in skin folder in "imageProgress" function

If you select the project folder in the "imageProgress" function, it works normally, but if you select the image in the skin folder, an error occurs.

0693W00000NrJQ1QAN.png

PC simulation works normally, but an error occurs only in the target board download.

The error message is as below :

compilation terminated.

gcc/Makefile:339: recipe for target 'TouchGFX/build/STM32H735G-DK/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/__designer/image_Blue_ProgressIndicators_fill_tiling_progress_indicator_fill_striped_normal_horizontal.o' failed

make[2]: *** [TouchGFX/build/STM32H735G-DK/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/__designer/image_Blue_ProgressIndicators_fill_tiling_progress_indicator_fill_striped_normal_horizontal.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

gcc/Makefile:289: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2

../gcc/Makefile:49: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

thank!

4 REPLIES 4
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @mSH.1​ ,

I have some questions :

• What is "imageProgress" function ? What does it do ?
  • Which version of TouchGFX are you using ?

Thank you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
mSH.1
Associate III

Hello ​@Yoann KLEIN

I am studying while watching "Progress Indicator Example" during the TouchGFX demo.

0693W00000NrMcAQAV.png 

While studying, the above error occurred while using "Image Peogress" in the project I made.

0693W00000NrMcUQAV.png 

Summarizing the phenomenon,

• TouGFX Demo operates normally no matter where you select the image of "Image Progress" from "Project" or "skins".

• If I select the image of "Image Progress" of my project in "Project", it works normally, but when I select it in "skins", an error occurs.

compilation terminated.

gcc/Makefile:339: recipe for target 'TouchGFX/build/STM32H735G-DK/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/__designer/image_Blue_ProgressIndicators_fill_tiling_progress_indicator_fill_striped_normal_horizontal.o' failed

make[2]: *** [TouchGFX/build/STM32H735G-DK/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/__designer/image_Blue_ProgressIndicators_fill_tiling_progress_indicator_fill_striped_normal_horizontal.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

gcc/Makefile:289: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2

../gcc/Makefile:49: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

At this time, the error situation occurs only when the PC simulation works normally and downloads it to the board.

-> The latest version, 4.19.1, is being used.

-> But the strange thing is

When I moved the PC, the error did not occur and it works normally.

I don't know what could be the problem.

mSH.1
Associate III

Once you find the cause of the problem.

If the structure of the folder containing the project is set deep, the above error occurs.

If the folder structure is shortened, it works normally.

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your error, can you please share your project ?

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX