cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am facing issue in integrating TouchGFX project for a custom board for Dual Core Stm32(H747BIT6.

Khurram_Mehfooz
Associate

These are the steps I followed in order to integrate my Toucg gfx project(made on a custom board) with my desired stm32Cubeide project.

1. Open CubeIDE and create a project for the STm32H747 microcontroller as the microcontroller has two cores (M4 and M7) and so I set the setting for Core M7 and configure the pin and clock for cubeMX in order to interface LCD with the microcontroller and then cubeMX ask to generate code.
2. A touch GFX file is created when CubeMX generates code and the touchgfx file is present in the CM7 folder of the project.

3. Opened the touchApplication.touchgfx.part and Imported my desired touch gfx project and then tried to generate the code it gave an error(first Error).

[ Post Generate Target
touchgfx update_project
Unable to locate C:/Users/khurr/Desktop/Stm32_cubeIDE_projects/Custom_Board/.cproject
Failed
Failed]

4. Then I try to debug the main.c file for CM7 But it gives error(2nd Error).

There is no error if I am using a single-core microcontroller stm32CubeIDE but for dual-core, it gives these errors.

Video Reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRQD8JMeg_k&ab_channel=embryonic.dk

This is the video I followed in order to integrate my TouchGFX project but in the video, the person is using a single-core microcontroller but I need to resolve the issue for the Dual-core STM32 project.

Can anybody help me resolve these issues? Error Pic is attached for review. I am a beginner and may have used inappropriate terms kindly ignore such mistakes.

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

Try in step 3 dont import . When you first time once open part template file only generate empty screen .

Too IDE have long time bug for generate code for dual core TFX. Try install full MX generator and use it for create project for IDE.

The issue is till there even if I don't try to import the Touch gfx project and try to generate code for an empty screen, it still gives an error such as it is unable to locate the .cproject file. However the .cporject file is present in the workspace, its unable to locate the .cproject file.

I even  upgraded the touch gfx version but i still got same errors.

As i write problem is IDE not TFX. And rel source is in call post generate target line in TFX generator. Try correct this line in designer config ...

MM1_0-1699783293375.png

as you can see 2 years and developers not solve this Why the CubeIDE can't generate an STM32H747 based ... - STMicroelectronics Community