cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable TouchGFX in STMCube, without External RAM (no FMC)

sasha
Associate III

Hi, I'm trying to start a project using a STM32F7 and TouchGFX in STMCube - however it won't let me enable TouchGFX libraries without first enabling FMC External RAM. In my case the Microcontroller has enough internal RAM for 1 or even 2 framebuffers, so I don't want to enable FMC.

How can I start this project?

3 REPLIES 3
cameronf
Senior

Are you trying to keep your project in-sync with Cube? If not can you just enable it in Cube and then delete the FMC/ext RAM code after generating the project and point the framebuffers to internal RAM?

EDIT: typo

sasha
Associate III

Thanks for your quick answer. I was hoping to keep project in-sync with Cube, is there a way to do this?

I had an existing project where I ended up adding a blank touchgfx project manually instead of starting from an app template or what cubemx generates. You could try that and should then be able to keep all your hardware configs synced with cube. I used a dev kit app template as reference to see how touchgfx needs to be integrated in terms of the interfaces you need to give it and pointing it to the framebuffer. If you haven’t set it up before that may help. Not familiar enough with setting it up in cube to know if there’s a way to circumvent the external ram requirement there.