cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develop a UI from touch GFX for the custom TFT displays (SPI Interface)

Mk.31
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using a custom matrix orbital TFT display which is interfaced to the STM32H7B3-DK board through SPI. How to implement developed a UI from TouchGFX to the custom display. Referred to an FMC and SPI interface section, need better clarification. Please suggest a solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Just to clarify the situation, you are working with an STM32H7B3-dk board and wish to change the display to your custom one ?

Have you started your project from scratch or did you use the application template for the STM32H7B3dk board available in TouchGFX Designer ? If the second scenario then you will need to modify the TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX and write a TouchGFX driver. Have a look and follow this guide on FMC and SPI Display Interface in the online documentation. Badreddine from ST also made a video on how to customize a TouchGFX template for STM32H7B3-dk boards. Even though he is not using the same display interface as you the main steps are the same. You can also have a look at the application template of the STM32G0nucleo board available in TouchGFX Designer. This board is also using a SPI display so you can look at the STM32CubeMXsettings and the code to have a better understanding of what to do.

/Romain

Do we need to write a driver's code for all the DK boards with built-in display and DK boards interfacing with the custom display while generating the project from cubeMX? I tried generating code for the STM32H7B3I-DK board (for built-in display) BSP driver files not generated when I generated code from the cubeMX and while debugging it is going to hardfault.

If you generate the code from touch GFX no issues everything working fine.

Hi,

When you create a project with an application template for an ST development board you will have a preconfigured project where we did all those steps for you. This is why you are missing the BSP files for example like you said.

/Romain

Mk.31
Associate III

Hi Romain,

Can u please tell me how to get the BSP files and any other drivers files for the custom display when we create the project from the cubeMX.

/Megh

Well that depends 😅 For custom hardware you either have to write them yourself or get them from someone who did it. For ST development kits you can get them under the folder <user name>/STM32Cube/Repository/<FW package you are looking for, like the FW_H7_V1.9.0>/Drivers.

/Romain