cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure the peripherals required for TouchGFX using CubeMX 5.0.0?

Clark Sann
Senior

When I use CubeMX 5.0.0 to configure a TouchGFX project, CubeMX appears to configure the peripherals correctly if I select "Yes" when CubeMX asks "Initialize all peripherals with their default mode". However I do not want to do this as it initializes too many peripherals.

If I select "No" I have not been able to figure out how to configure the peripherals to enable Graphics. I have noticed that there is a very brief summary when I hover my mouse over Graphics but this does not provide sufficient help.

Could you provide guidance on how to properly configure the required peripherals?

Thank you for providing CubeMX and for purchasing the best GUI software...TouchGFX.

5 REPLIES 5
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Clark Sann​ ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you have a look at the user manual of CubeMX? it can be downloaded from Help CubeMX or click F1.

There is many tutorial for graphics for example Tutorial 10: Using ST-TouchGFX frameworkr (page 267).

If it is not enough do not hesitate to contact me for furthers details.

Best regards,

Houda

Clark Sann
Senior

Yes, I have the user manual but I cannot find where it provides any details on how to configure the required peripherals.From reading the manual and from looking at the tool tip when I hover my mouse over Graphics, I see I need to configure the following required peripherals: FreeRTOS, DMA2D, CRC, FMC, TIM, and LTDC. Most of these, besides CRC, have a lot of parameters to set.

I have searched the manual for "TouchGFX" and that text seems to only be in Tutorial 10, and I sure don't see that information there.

I order to understand how to set up these peripherals, I have a few questions:

1. Is it ok to just enable each of the peripherals and accept the default configuration? I suspect this will not work.
  2. If I answer "Yes" when CubeMX asks "Initialize all peripherals with their default mode", does CubeMX properly configure all the required peripherals? If so, I guess I will try to configure them in the same way they were configured by CubeMX.
  3. Assuming CubeMX does configure the peripherals properly when I answer the question with a "Yes", is there any reason that CubeMX could not configure them when I answer no? Or is there any way I could save the configuration of those peripherals and import them into my new project?

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!

Clark Sann
Senior

I have some more information to report. I tried to configure a new CubeMX project after answering "No" so all peripherals were not enabled. I then proceeded to enable FreeRTOS, DMA2D, CRC, FMC, TIM, and LTDC. I setup DMA2D, TIM, and LTDC like CubeMX did when I answer Yes to the question. That caused Graphics to be enabled. Then I attempted to configure the Parameter Settings tab on the Graphics IP in the save way that CubeMX did when I answered Yes to the question. I was not able to set the Frame Buffer/Color Format or Buffer Depth like CubeMX set it. CubeMX set the Color Format to RGB565 and the BufferDepth to 16. Neither of these values could be entered into CubeMX.

Did I make an incorrect setting somewhere that causes me to be unable to edit these values or is this a bug in CubeMX?

anonymous.8
Senior II

Hello,

Have you managed to solve this problem? I'm facing same issue with frame buffer color and depth.

Thank you

Found an answer in tutorial mentioned above. Thanks!