cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us make the next TouchGFX release even better!

We are getting a lot of new ideas, which we are discussing internal, but getting your feedback and vote on each idea would be very helpful. So please go to below link and submit your vote and any feedback you might have.

List of some of the ideas:

You can find the rest here: https://community.st.com/s/ideazone?t=1604315637197#list

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

You are right concerning the support for custom boards, we actually talked about it this morning again 😅. We provide ATs for the ST development kits but it makes sense to have a section/video or project on this.

Meanwhile I actually found this youtube video on TouchGFX on SPI-based ILI9341 (partial framebuffer strategy). There is this older post on reddit as well, he might have been able to make it work since then.

/Romain

Hi, thanks a lot for your tips. I looked at the site https://helentronica.com/2021/01/22/touchgfx-on-a-custom-made-low-cost-board-with-the-ili9341-controller-over-spi/ , I use the STM32F429I-DISCO board, then selected touchgfx as software pack here in CubeMX and then made the appropriate settings for my extern SPI display (240x240 pixels) with the St7789. On the above mentioned page it says that in the TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp the following function is defined: But in my project the function is not defined in the mentioned file. Since this is in the read-only zone, I can't just paste it in, have I defined something wrong or forgotten something? Do I have to change a setting in CubeMX for this?

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.

0693W000008xXZZQA2.jpg0693W000008xXb0QAE.jpg

Hi,

If it is not defined in TouchGFXHALGenerated.cpp, you can set it in TouchGFXHAL.cpp which will not be overwritten by CubeMX. It doesnt seem like you set something wrong, what version of TouchGFX are you using ?

/Romain

Actually no you have not set it correctly. The guide uses the Partial framebuffer strategy and not the single framebuffer strategy as you can see in the screenshot of the CubeMX configuration you shared.

I did not know this article, it seems really interesting and very useful 👍. Thank you for sharing it I will give it a try when I have the time as well.

/Romain

Hi, maybe you can help me again. The following I have inserted the various code parts and made the appropriate settings. CubeMX writes the call from the function "MX_TouchGFX_Process();" in the while(1) of the int main, if I do not want to use an OS. In a timer interrupt every 30ms the function "touchgfxSignalVSync();" is called like in the example from yesterday(https://helentronica.com/2021/01/22/touchgfx-on-a-custom-made-low-cost-board-with-the-ili9341-controller-over-spi/), only the program never goes in there, I put a breakpoint in the call of the timer interrupt, but during the debug session the program stays in the while(1) in the function call "MX_TouchGFX_Process();". The timer interrupt is selected in CubeMX. Do you have any idea what could be the problem? I have created a screen with a white box and a button in TouchGFX, at least this should be shown by the display or do I need an external event for this?

wired
Senior III

If a widget is moved from one screen to another, automatically move its related interactions to the other screen screen, or at least allow interactions to be dragged into another screen. Also update other related information automatically. I moved a bunch of widgets from one screen to another, and it took me forever to get everything updated. It also messed up the Single Use Texts information, leaving entries blank that I could not delete unless I converted them to Resources and deleted them.

wired
Senior III

Allow any button to be a Repeat Button. Would be especially useful for Icon Buttons (Up, Down, Left, Right Arrow)!

Thank you very much for your ideas👍Concerning the repeat functionality, the Repeat button widget and the Flex button widget are meant for those scenarios.

/Romain

Hi Romain,

Yes I know the Repeat button is for the Repeat function 😉, but you cannot add a text label or icon to the repeat button, which makes it rather useless IMO. It would be much more user-friendly to be able to enable that functionality with any button. In fact, I would argue that it would be more user friendly to have only one button type in which all of the properties of the others could be used, without having to 'build' a button like you have to do with a Flex button (which looks crappy by default - 'box' and 'box with border' are really not the button quality we expect from TouchGFX).

Your Button with Icon, for example, shows an Icon on the left side of a long rectangular button. There is plenty of room to have a label on the button, yet the properties do not allow a label. All of the 'Round Edge buttons (Small, Medium, and Large) for example, look ridiculous with an icon and no label.

You also stated the Flex Button is meant for Repeat Functionality. I can find no properties for repeat functionality for a Flex button. But you are right, there should be!