cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring STemWin in stm32f429zi discovery

goutham
Associate II

Hi,

I would like to try the hello world program from Stem win on my discovery  board. Stem Win is not supported in STM cube ide

Can anyone tell me how to proceed further to create and implement the project.

Which IDE should I use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @goutham, to the community!

A similar discussion has already been held here. STemWin is neither a compiler that STM32CubeIDE needs to support, nor is it a current and recommended graphics tool.

If you absolutely still want to work with it and do not want to use the recommended TouchGFX instead, you can import the examples for STemWin contained in the firmware into STM32CubeIDE, for which you will find the project folder SW4STM32 in addition to the EWARM and MDK-ARM folders in the examples.

How to import:

• File > Import ...
  • General > Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 project
  • Next
  • Fill in the Import source field with the path to the root folder of the project (the folder containing the subfolders Core, STemWin, etc.)
  • in the field below you will see several ticked entries, of which only the one with "Import as: STM32CubeIDE project" must remain ticked
  • Finish then imports into the IDE

Note: A project should be opened or imported directly from the repository so that the relative dependencies can be found again when compiling.

If you then compile, you will get some error messages related to the GNU libraries, but these can be easily solved, as this thread describes in detail, e.g. with this solution.

As mentioned, however, I recommend the much more modern TouchGFX instead.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @goutham, to the community!

A similar discussion has already been held here. STemWin is neither a compiler that STM32CubeIDE needs to support, nor is it a current and recommended graphics tool.

If you absolutely still want to work with it and do not want to use the recommended TouchGFX instead, you can import the examples for STemWin contained in the firmware into STM32CubeIDE, for which you will find the project folder SW4STM32 in addition to the EWARM and MDK-ARM folders in the examples.

How to import:

• File > Import ...
  • General > Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 project
  • Next
  • Fill in the Import source field with the path to the root folder of the project (the folder containing the subfolders Core, STemWin, etc.)
  • in the field below you will see several ticked entries, of which only the one with "Import as: STM32CubeIDE project" must remain ticked
  • Finish then imports into the IDE

Note: A project should be opened or imported directly from the repository so that the relative dependencies can be found again when compiling.

If you then compile, you will get some error messages related to the GNU libraries, but these can be easily solved, as this thread describes in detail, e.g. with this solution.

As mentioned, however, I recommend the much more modern TouchGFX instead.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

The solution you provided worked. But if I want to create a new project and include Stem win. Is it possible.

Or should I replace the  hello world(old source file)  file from the example with the new file(new source file).