cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I integrate C code while building my touch based UI through TouchGFX?

AKuma.47
Associate

Is it possible for me to integrate and call C code to control various aspects of my hardware (medical device) while I build my touch based user interface through TouchGFX, since the latter is written in C++? And if so, what might be the drawbacks?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello AKuma.47,

Of course you can use C code for your hardware. We also call C code in our TouchGFX hardware related code (like TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp or STM32TouchController.cpp). Just don't forget to put extern "C" before you declare your functions. This website might help you.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello Oskt.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have one more question though. Is the use of TouchGFX safe for embedded graphics on medical devices? Does it have the necessary certifications and does it comply to any established safety standards?

Appreciate your reply.

Hello AKuma.47,

TouchGFX is not holding actual medical approvals like IEC 62304, or similar certifications. TouchGFX is a professional SW based on standard quality software development procedures. It uses a semantic versioning scheme (http://semver.org/), we track our development of features and bugfixes, and have also internally a list of known issues. We have a well-defined release/upgrade strategy and use automated systems for creating and validating new releases.

Several of our customers have completed medical-products with medical certifications (FDA and other) using TouchGFX for devices with major and moderate level of concern regarding patient safety where TouchGFX was used as a SOUP/OTS component.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX