cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report STM32CUBEMX and Touchgfx designer

Hello,

I dont know what is the problem, but when USB is configured in CDC mode in CUBEMX (maybe other modes also can generate the same problem, havent tested yet.) and the code is generated with CUBEMX, touchgfx code genereation will result in file omition from KEIL. There is no matter with STM32CUBEIDE since folders and files are not touched.

One suggestion: Touchgfx designer consider some standard place for user code like stm32cubemx so in the regeneration of code, user code remain untouched.

The IOC file to ease the problem regeneration is attached.

14 REPLIES 14

Hello dear @Martin KJELDSEN (ST Employee)​

I found that if I remove old generated files and regenerate the code with Cubemx 6.1.0 and Touchgfx 4.15, There will be two separate sections, one for USB and one for the graphic library which is desired since regeneration and recompilation of total code was really undesirable and took a long time.

I wonder when will the problem with Cubeide would be solved, I have Cubeide 1.4 Installed. Has it been solved with Cubeide 1.5?

What do you mean by "seperate sections" ?

Before the omission of old files and regeneration of code with Cubemx and Touchgfx designer, the library file was put into the USB device library folder, but after regeneration, it seems that the problem has been solved, don't know which version has solved it.

Now I ask if the problem is solved with CUBEIDE? The compilation fails in Cubeide while Touchgfx is added.

0693W000006FhVQQA0.jpg

Hi Vahid, thanks for the information.

To save both of us some time and speed up the process, every time you say "Compilation fails" or something "isn't working", please provide build output so i can actually know what's going on. Otherwise i'll just be replying with "Please provide X" and we'll spend another day dancing around the christmas porridge, as they say here :)

/Martin

Ok, I will ask that question and provide the project in that thread as well.