cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable RDP2?

AGóme.3
Associate

Hi, I was testing the different levels of read protection and when I activated RDP 2, I lost full access to my board. I would like to know if there is any way to regain access (do a downgrade), despite losing all the content I had installed, something like a hard reset, ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Alfonso Gómez Martínez​, to the community!

RDP2 is unfortunately (or fortunately) a one-way street, which is also described in the reference manuals, e.g.:

When the read protection Level 2 is set:

• All protections provided by Level 1 are active.
  • Booting from RAM or system memory bootloader is no more allowed.
  • JTAG, SWV (single-wire viewer), ETM, and boundary scan are disabled.
  • User option bytes can no longer be changed.
  • When booting from Flash memory, accesses (read, erase and program) to Flash memory from user code are allowed.

Memory read protection Level 2 is an irreversible operation. When Level 2 is activated, the level of protection cannot be decreased to Level 0 or Level 1.

It looks like you have just bricked the device.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Alfonso Gómez Martínez​, to the community!

RDP2 is unfortunately (or fortunately) a one-way street, which is also described in the reference manuals, e.g.:

When the read protection Level 2 is set:

• All protections provided by Level 1 are active.
  • Booting from RAM or system memory bootloader is no more allowed.
  • JTAG, SWV (single-wire viewer), ETM, and boundary scan are disabled.
  • User option bytes can no longer be changed.
  • When booting from Flash memory, accesses (read, erase and program) to Flash memory from user code are allowed.

Memory read protection Level 2 is an irreversible operation. When Level 2 is activated, the level of protection cannot be decreased to Level 0 or Level 1.

It looks like you have just bricked the device.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.