cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will our EMC testing be impacted if we change from STM32H747I-DISCO to the STM32F769I-DISCO?

MvonSchalbe
Associate

We succesfully passed the EMC testing (IEC 61010-1-2) in our product with the STM32H747I-DISCO. Due to shortages on the market, we would like to use the STM32F769I-DISCO instead. Will this affect our EMC test results? And if so, why would that be?

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @MvonSchalbe​, to the community!

Are you aware that the DISCOVERY kits, like all other development platforms from STMicroelectronics, may not be used for end products?

The Terms of Use can be found on the respective product website, tab Documentation, where it says:

The Evaluation Board offers limited features and is conceived to be used only to evaluate and test ST products in a research and development setting.

[...]

The Evaluation Board shall not be, in any case, directly or indirectly assembled as a part in any production of Yours as it is solely developed to serve evaluation and testing purposes and has no direct function and is not a finished product.

If the Evaluation Board is incorporated in an evaluation system, the evaluation system may be used by You solely for Your evaluation and testing purposes. Such evaluation system may not be offered for sale or lease or sold, leased or otherwise distributed for commercial purposes and must be accompanied by a conspicuous notice as follows: “This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased or otherwise distributed for commercial purposes�?.

[...]

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your quick answer Peter; I will dive into it!