cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the GPIO pins of the STM32 NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q board?

purushotham2608
Associate III

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. I was planning on buying this STM32 NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q Board but as I was reading the user manual for the board, I realized there were no GPIO connectors for the board but rather there were these "ST Morpho pin headers",

purushotham2608_0-1705842530260.png

I was wondering where the GPIOs were but as I did some experimenting with STM32CubeMX I discovered that I can set the pins in the ST Morpho Pin Headers to GPIO input or Output. Does this mean I can use these headers as the GPIOs of the Nucleo board or are these meant for something else entirely? I'm sorry if this is a silly question but if anyone can help me clear this up I would be very grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @purushotham2608 

Yes, each morpho pin header is mapped to one of the gpio, GND, BOOT0,.... pin 

Screenshot_2024-01-21-15-15-15-54_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

So, you can use these headers as gpios.

PS: you should in some cases take care of the SBs and connnectors as you can see on the User manual.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Most of the pins on the Morpho and Arduino connectors can be used for any purpose supported by the MCU.  Some pins may require modification of the Nucleo board (removal/insertion of SB's) to make them available for your purposes.  Doing so requires study of the Nucleo's manual and schematics.

For simple/quick/easy/prototyping things I usually use the Arduino connector signals if possible, if only to avoid having to hunt down the pin headers to populate the Morpho connector sites.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @purushotham2608 

Yes, each morpho pin header is mapped to one of the gpio, GND, BOOT0,.... pin 

Screenshot_2024-01-21-15-15-15-54_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

So, you can use these headers as gpios.

PS: you should in some cases take care of the SBs and connnectors as you can see on the User manual.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.