cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's a good stand-in development board for programming an STM32F722ZET6?

APara.6
Associate

I need to collaboratively program an STM32F722ZET6, but do not have in-person access to the chip, and I can't find any development boards online that use it. I'm new to this, so I don't know how similar a stand-in must be for me to be able to confidently say that the code I test on the stand-in will work on the STM32F722ZET6. If it matters: the program we are developing likely will not make use of any of the chip's more advanced features. It does have to be a full development board; I don't have the tools or expertise to fabricate a board for a standalone chip. I'm considering this and this.

Thanks in advance,

Aidan

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

The Nucleo boards are a good point to start with, because they integrate the ST-LINK for debugging, give you access to most pins, have a bunch of documentation and software examples.

If you need to have sophisticated/high-speed peripherals in your design (ext. RAM, touch screen, ...) you may look at the STM32 F7 DISCO boards or eval boards (increasing price levels).

You may use the STM32CubeMX software to easier compare both chips or generate a code skeleton.

hth

KnarfB